once upon a time

The story of my life

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Alright

Well--today was alright I suppose. The recital went well (besides the part where Alexander decided to express his overflowing excitement concerning the fine arts) and I'm glad we don't have school tomorrow. We do have a game however, so my joy is extremely limited. Besides a very amusing trip to the purdue library (in which half the class decided to play hide and seek) this really cool "Wonka donut" that i ate after reader's theater practice (why do all my daily reflections involve food?), and the usual joys of a school day--today wasn't exactly exciting. I'm glad we get a break.
You know how random people that want to sound philosophical and intellectual will ask you an even more random question just for what they think is "positive attention"? Like overused discussions about the soul, afterlife, chess, distant galaxies, or dating? These people generally don't care what you think and are usually so involved in giving you their invaluable opinion that they don't give you a chance to reply or listen to your answer. One of these questions is : What one thing would you wish for given the opportunity? (And for all you original smarties--wishing for more wishes doesn't count.) Well I finally know my answer--and it sounds really corny/sappy/phycospiritual--but I'm telling you anyway.
I wish that somehow, Jesus Christ could take the form of a 17 year old highschool student at Faith Christian School and be my best friend. Obviously, I'm perfectly aware that he's "always there," and "already my best friend," but that's what I wish for. Maybe someday I'll feel like providing some kind of attempt at an explanation, but for now, I just wish it. Desperately.
Anyway--until next time!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Roberto said…

    My trumpet solo sucked eggs.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    i thought our tour guide was quite fascintating, really. he jsut knew so much about books and the library and the dewey decimal system and the hsse library. and his sense of style was so wonderful! i wanna be jsut like him when i get fat.

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger turza said…

    Yay for choclate donut! it was so yummy. I'm with ya there on the Jesus think, that would be so UNBELIEVABLY relieving. Library was um....interesting. (and fun) exept when Joe scared the crap out of me like twice!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alex's enthusiam was entertaining(the only thing in an hour of torture) Don't get me wrong, I would love to listen to everyone's solos, etc. But the moron that invented recitals, and high school concerts aught to be hanged!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home