once upon a time

The story of my life

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

need...to...breathe!

Mercy me Hightower! (as my grandfather used to say) Can't get up to stir the gravy!
Yeah...things have been sooo crazy! With all the spirit week work (skit and banner and costumes and "spirit") and spirit week complications (the Juniors all hate our guts even though we love them and just want to make this week fun), play practice, cheerleading practice, homecoming, scholarships, random spanish assignments, upcoming Senior thesis, babysitting, and general confusion...I feel like I could just lay down in the middle of the hall and stare at the ceiling as people walk around (and over) my soon-to-be-dead body.
Last night we didn't get home from the game until 11:30. It was pretty rough. Their cheerleaders definately had a different style of cheering, (it would have been way cooler than us, but they were horrible at it...) yelled at our guys during our free-throws,(Miss it, miss it, oh oh oh!--a certain nameless coach suggested we run over there, yell "miss this!" and hit them in the face, but we decided against it.) made fun of our cheers, and had a general attitude issue. Anyway--to top it off, some random old guy parked himself right in the middle of the line of cheerleaders and made clear his annoyance with our presence. This, I must say, ticked me way off. I mean, it's not like he was sitting there and we invaded his little space, WE were there and HE placed his annoying self in our territory. Besides, we were trying to be nice and gave him like, a 4 foot clearing on both sides. It's not like we wanted to surround him and obstruct his view! Grr... But he kept making comments like "Excuse me ladies, do you MIND if I watch the game?" He even told the ref to make us move--as if HE could do anything about it! And it's not like he was some sweet old man who had weak eyesight because he'd dedicated his life to copying the Bible in the dark. He was just a sour old grump.
There were positive aspects to the game though i guess, i ate a container of cotton candy and 5 cookies...
a little later--okay, i just totally scared myself to death! I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave (carmel apple!) and forgot about it. So here I am ready to type, waiting for inspiration to flow through my fingers when all of a sudden, I hear loud noises coming from the kitchen. As I'm sure some of you know, I not exactly "at ease" when I'm alone in a house, so my first inclinations were those of self-defense. I grabbed the phone and a pencil(?) and made my way slowly out of the office. It was only when I was frozen at the office door, when my brain remembered the popcorn.
I felt pretty dumb.
Anyway, I got a new leather coat, my popcorn is ready to be devoured, and my spirits have been strangely revived.
Until next time!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    you could have just told the old geezer to shut up...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home