once upon a time

The story of my life

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Moving on

Well, I haven't been very faithful in writing recently, but I haven't exactly felt compelled to. Naturally, I've been incessantly busy with Christmas preparations, Christmas decorations, Christmas guests, Christmas food, and (dun dun dun) CHIRSTMAS PICTURES. Before I continue, I would like to establish 3 things.

#1 Chris is physically incabable of smiling for a camera.

#2 Stephen is in that blessed stage of life in which he believes himself to cool to smile.

#3 Jono....well he's just weird.

Anyway, to make a very long story short, we decided to do our own pictures at home this year. We ended up taking over 30, (Over a 45 minute time-span lengthened by the usual laughter, threats, subsequent tears and surrender.) but after looking at all of them, we decided to try again the next day. So we did. Now really, I don't mind Christmas pictures. I mean, whatever, get it over with, no big deal. I cooperate. I try my hardest to smile and be a shining role model for my brothers. So naturally, it made me want to scream and cry when I saw my parents picture choice. In the picture, my brothers look great. The camera accomplished a miracle and they look fine. However, this is also the ONE picture in which I look completely horrible. Would this not bother you? I was the only one who actually tried to look nice-and....grrr.
O well I suppose. I guess I'm just beginning to share a certain friend's pes simistic view of the jolly season.

Well--I wanted to share a few of my favorite shots from the Christmas pictures with you, but my computer is absolutely obsolete and can't manage so difficult a task. I wish there was a way to insult the computer. Make it partake in the grief it allows me to suffer. Inflict pain on its little memory box. (or whatever it is that makes it run)

Anyway...

I think my supply of happy juice is running low and I'm typing a little more forcefully than usual so---

Merry Christmas.

Added Later 12/24:
HAHAHAHAHA I GOT IT TO WORK!!! Please enjoy.




And my personal favorite...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Roberto said…

    I know how you feel. Our family picture is based on whether or not the dog is looking. Of course, when he is, all of us are either simultaneously blinking or looking at the sky.

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    i hate getting my picture taken. i feel like i'm lying to the camera. its never something that is natural for me - its aways fake or a pose or somthing....

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i hope no one ever sees my family's last picture...i look horrible..and thet sad thing is, when we took it, i thought i looked really good.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger julio said…

    HEY THATS ME!!!! :)

    i think everyone knows my general feeling twards christmas anything, so i wont waste my breath on telling you about it. anywho, it took me about 20 min for my g-pa's dialup computer to get to your site so im just gonna keep talking till i can get IM up and running.

    no im not. that'll take forever.

    have a fun christmas.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thore uplifting pictures of your brothers truly were marvelous. I could not restrain my laughter. I finally managed to convince my sceptical siblings I was laughing at 'nothing'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home