once upon a time

The story of my life

Saturday, December 24, 2005

falalalala..lalalala

Hmmm...After getting to bed at an unspeakable hour of the night, I have risen above the suffocating aura of sleepiness and am now dying for something to do. My parents and our guests (Dr. and Mrs. Chintalapudi--get your tongue around that one!)are laughing excessively in the kitchen.



My mom is trying to learn how to knit so she can make little furry scarves for people. Mrs. Chintalapudi is also knitting, making fun of herself (and mom) while making faces at the men and pretending to be insane. (Her husband is a neurologist).



I know the whole "knitting" thing makes them sound weird, but they're actually pretty cool. Funny anyway. Meanwhile, the house is practically shaking with the sound of Jono and Nikita trying to top oneanother's piano skills. They started out taking turns, but now they're playing their different songs on the same piano at the same time.



They get along pretty well--a match made in heaven if you ask me. The same cannot be said for Stephen and Nainisha. Right now they're playing chess quietly, but I give them 5 minutes to become engaged in a heated argument. (This is definately the only use of the word engaged that will ever be accurate concerning them.)Nainisha is only 11 (younger than Stephen) but is in 7th grade (smarter than Stephen)This of course, is all that's needed to create animosity between them.



Everything they do is a competition, and I'm sure they keep tally of their victories. Anyway, I used to play a lot with the girls, but now there is such an age difference that I'm not quite sure what to do. I do their hair every morning, tell them stories, draw pictures for them, and (choke) even play games with them. (For those of you who are not aware of my platform on games--go hit your head against a brick wall and you will experience a small fraction of my pain when forced to participate in such activities.)
But they seem to be enjoying themselves and keeping entertained, so it's all good. I'm getting excited about tomorrow for the first time this month, and I'm wearing 5 brand new gold (not REAL gold) bracelets that jingle when I move and make me happy.
Is this blog getting more random or am I imagining things?
Anyway...I'll probably write more today so goodbye for now! (And never, never allow your possible future children to take piano lessons.)



4 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    hehehe
    If you had to listen to their "music" all day you'd be bitter too.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger julio said…

    everyone in my family knits. even i knitted a piece of,,, something once. needless to say it was a scary time in my life. (alot of questions)

    this is the first song for your mix tape
    its short just like your temper
    somewhat golden like the afternoons
    we used to spend
    before you got too cool.

    (i just needed to sing to someone)

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    don't you all look so cute??
    i saw your parents and the chintalapudis at the mall today. it was kinda awkward....

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    were you misbehaving again?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home