once upon a time

The story of my life

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hmmm...
Today was basically an incomprehensive whirl. I'm not depressed, drained, or devoid of happiness, but I feel like the day was unfinished and unsatifactory...although I wanted it to be over as soon as possible. (For those of you who understand what I mean--congratulations) Anyway, I worked with the elementary kids on their FABA poetry selections and had a lot of fun. They're hilarious and so easy to impress! I kissed my brother in front of the whole six grade class (Stephen then staggered around the room with his arms up and a huge smile across his face--fluttering his eyelashes and taking advantage of the attention) meriting myself instantaneous popularity and "awesomeness" with all his friends.
Later, I fixed easy-mac (mac-and-cheese) and officially deigned it the most beautiful 4 min. meal I've ever eaten. I don't know what makes it so good--but it was definately a bright spot in my day!
And speaking of bright spots, Mr. Lambeth brought his "wind up flashlight" to Physics and amused himself with it while we asked random questions about the solar system. I've (surprisingly) discovered that I actually like talking about planets and other such things. For some reason, outer space and stars and moons and meteors fascinate me. It's really weird because there's definately nothing remotely romantic about the solar system. (Maybe I should say...universe...does that sound more sentimental? Or...the heavens...more poetic?) Anyway...my latest obsession is with the sun. Did you know that it's all gas? I didn't. I think it would be so cool to be able to actually see it up close (without dying). I also think a space trip would be awesome and an (as Mr. Lambeth calls it) untethered space walk would have to top all other entertainment.
I really don't know why I feel so funny today--Every feeling I have contradicts itself 3 seconds later, and I feel like I have a ton of unconcentrated energy..........(3 seconds have gone by) but am soooo tired I could cry and wipe out.
But instead of doing that, I am going to wait until American Idol comes on and then truly enjoy myself. Have I ever mentioned that I like that show? It's the best. And I love Simon Cowell.


He's so clever and is never caught off guard or at loss for words. He can make any argument or conversation go his way, is never intimidated and never backs down. He takes whatever he's given and makes it what he wants.
And he has an accent----sigh!
Anyway...this post is starting to become embarassing and I'm sure I'll regret publishing later, so I think I'll get up and do something productive (like eat food)
I love you world!
I love you sun!
I love you random elementary children!
And I love you Simon!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger julio said…

    you know,, i can tell sometimes how much you adore simon cowell,, you always try to make fun of me and diminish my superpowers. anyway the jokes been on you for the past couple weeks i guess.

    have fun watching that horrid, horrid show. (actually i think it just got over)

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    so is this your latest crush?

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The sun is my favorite planet too. Its like the king of planets.

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    except for the fact that the sun isnt even a planet

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    uhhh... no dip sherlock holmes from the 21st century...

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger MEC said…

    Rebecca how dare you say there is nothing romantic about space!
    You have to go to the NASA webpage and see pics the Hubble sends back, they're breathtaking! (but discussing space w/ Mr. Lambeth would ruin my enthusiasm as well)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home