once upon a time

The story of my life

Thursday, January 19, 2006

No Explanation

She held her breath as anger exploded within--bright flashes of orange and yellow behind closed eyes. It was hopeless...pointless. There was no relief in lame attempts of explanation and no joy in allowing it to fester and infect every inch of her soul. She kept her eyes closed and slowly inhaled. The spots faded, leaving behind only a dizzying blackness. Was this what death felt like? The internal explosion seemed to have swept everything away into unsurvivable disarray. All that was left felt like a black hole--an inexplicable threat that seized and swiftly executed the slightest stray thought. And so she sat unmoving, unfeeling, unwilling to search the overwhelming blackness any longer. But it enveloped her like a heavy blanket--the harder she struggled to escape, the tighter it seemed to twist around her. The heavy folds of nothingness suffocated her cries as she choked on the tears that forced themselves down her face unbidden. Oh well, she thought. At least no one can see me here......

2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know whether that was inspired my a true story (and I have an inkling that it was) but it was captivating none-the-less, which is as true of the writing as of the author (as im sure many of the people reading this in the future will agree). I'm feelin' the same thing too girl, so hang in there, although I know that my situation involves slightly different details...

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger julio said…

    good writing, very captivating. but it makes me wonder what was really going on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home