once upon a time

The story of my life

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

current status

Well-i am currently munching carrot and celery sticks to my heart's delight. I basically spent the whole day in bed with a large water bottle (or "cistern" as it is fondly referred to) a heating pad, pain medication, and my faithful box of tissues. I feel a little better now. I guess I don't have enough "proof" that this is another kidney problem to be seen by a doctor--so i'm basically just waiting until their is some. Anyway, I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep because I was miserable. (You know that feeling, where you roll around a moan out loud just to hear yourself?) So I stayed home and took medicine. I got to sleep, but it wasn't exactly a break. Naturally, it was the worst day for me to be absent--i was supposed to go somewhere this morning with Mrs. Leffew, i missed my morning meeting with my the girl that i mentor, I had an english project and a spanish presentation due, I had an FMT performance, and i had a game. Amazing--huh? You don't realize how much you're involved in or that depends on you until you stop moving. I wonder what it would be like to not be involved in anything? Don't get me wrong, I like doing things and being comfortably "busy," but for just one week...to not have any obligations or "prior commitments," as they're titled quite frequently at my house. It makes me laugh when 7th and 8th graders complain about how much they have to do. I mean, seriously, i'm not the busiest person in the world, but i only have one free night of the week. And that's excluding homework and projects and games and performances and meetings and last minute calls for my assistance. Like I said, I'm not exactly complaining--just indulging in a few wistful, idealistic, unrealistic, sentimental wonderings.
And i completely rabbit trailed.
I'll probably be at school tomorrow just so I can make everything up before finals. Besides, i wouldn't want to overly defile my perfect attendance record. *sniff
So even though I wasn't at school, i thought about it all day. I missed my romantic musings with adrienne and fall-over-laughing-moments with Emily. I missed the random stories from Luke and co., making fun of Jordan, and yes...I think i even missed the sing-alongs with Jared. (and no-i don't actually sing along, but what else do you call random, non-stop singing!?) Yes, yes, I missed you all.
Sigh. My carrot and celery serving has been long depleted. I don't know why i was eating them. I think it's one of those subconcious habits. When you get sick, you automatically begin to do everything that is labeled healthy, however irrelevant it may be.
I missed my brothers' christmas program tonight. It made me sad. They both actually wanted me to come, and Jono had his own solo. Anyway...you can tell i didn't really talk to anyone today because i'm rambling pointlessly. I think being forever depraved of social activity and intelligent conversation would kill me.

Wilson thinks so too.

Goodnight everyone. Send a little prayer up for me if you think of it.
Oh yes--and thank you to those who brought me cookies. that was nice of you. (popcorn would also be appreciated) Actually i'm just kidding. Eating hasn't exactly been my most favorite experience today...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger julio said…

    rebecca, im glad you decided to start blogging. you make me laugh. (i never laugh online but that wilson comment made me chuckle)

    sing alongs were lacking today. no one to make faces at me behind my back. hope you get better.

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Roberto said…

    My 5th grade brother complains about having too much to do all the time. I respond to that by asking him to type my report(s). Then I shoot him.

    P.S. Your brother sang very well at the program.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger julio said…

    this post cracked me up again,,, the wilson comment was genious. i think your personality shows through alot in your writing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home