once upon a time

The story of my life

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Mmmm

I feel much better now. I still felt a little funny this morning, but now i think i'm back to being as close to normal as i can get. I just ate two chocolate poptarts in celebration, and am now putting off work on my english project. And speaking of food, i've decided that i definately do not support the production of wheat bread. My mother sent me to the grocery store about a week ago (now that i can drive i'm taken advantage of) to pick up two loaves of bread. I, being the naturally thrifty and wise shopper that i am, performed my usual routine of comparing prices, brands etc. In the end, i was sure i had found the best deal--wheat bread. Not only was it on sale, the slices were huge, and the nutritional value impressive. As I selected a couple loaves, i could just see the pleased praising look on my mothers face as i presented my findings. Well-she wasn't even home when i got back, but my confidence remained undaunted...until this morning. Still feeling a little sick, i moped through my morning habits, finally opening the pantry to see what looked good for breakfast. After a few seconds, i decided on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, selecting the aforementioned wheat bread. I don't know what i was thinking that day at the store. Not only does wheat bread have the consistency of leather, and require a muscular chewing system to--well--chew it, the little grains that weren't fortunate enough to make it into the dough before it was cooked just sit on top---little white things that look a lot like mold. Anyway, being a self-proclaimed non-picky eater, i ate half of the sandwich before losing my appetite. Unfortunately, because of my good shopping skills, there are two whole huge loaves left in the cupboard, just waiting for me. I guess there was a reason it was on sale. Other shoppers--let my example stand as an unfortunate warning to you! Don't be drawn into the trap set for you by malicious store owners who prey on your innocence!
Umm...anyway...yeah. I feel much better now and probably should work on my project. I wonder if there's any chance of a delay tomorrow? hmm. Right now i'm in the computer room and my dad is sleeping on the little bed behind me. I'm counting down seconds till he wakes himself up with his snoring. He's got some pretty wicked nasal power.
Well-everyone enjoy the last moments of your weekend and be good.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger julio said…

    i happen to like wheat bread,,,

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Roberto said…

    I went to buy bread the other day and came home with an airsoft pistol. Mom wasn't too excited.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Roberto said…

    If you put a whole lot of butter on wheat bread, its "nutritional value" (whatever the heck that is) dissapears, making it OK to eat.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Roberto said…

    Dang. I misspelled "disappears"

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree with you. Unfortunatly Mom does not. For the sake of being healthy I must eat these bits of leathery mold if I want a samwich. (unfortunatly I can not drive and thus have no choice in the matter)...as if I would have anyway. Ha Ha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home