once upon a time

The story of my life

Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow day!!!

I'm soooo excited! School was actually cancelled for the 7 inches of snow that fell last night! For those of you who know Faith Christian School, snow days are few and far between. But anyway, the phone rang and 6:00 this morning and I JUST KNEW IT!! You have no idea how satisfactory it is to roll over and go back to sleep, to get up in pjs and slippers and take your sweet time eating a nice breakfast when normally the entire morning is miserably rushed. The nice thing too, is that today's friday, so the weekend is extended. I definately needed a break. Everyone at school's been getting restless, and no one want's to be there anymore. Naturally the winter months start to drag, and the work is piled on, and everyone bumps down the halls out of habit to continue his existence. When the snow started falling yesterday afternoon, everyone crowded around the window to stare at it like kindergarteners. I am typically pretty anti-snow (or any form of cold) but I could have jumped out the window--I felt so happy. Later on, practices and a choir performance were cancelled, and I thought I would scream! I think I started to, but my art teacher didn't share my joy, or appreciate my expression of it. (Sigh!) Well, I'm supposed to be working on scholarships right now--since we don't have school, my mom thinks that I should do all the other work that I hate doing. But tomorrow, I'm taking my little brothers to go see Chronicles of Narnia. I read all those books when I was little and thought they were the greatest thing, so I'm curious to see if they'll like it. They're already excited as it is--they hardly ever get to go see movies and stuff. Last time I went out with my friends, my brother cried, so I promised him we'd do something later. I feel all wierd, driving them around and stuff. I wonder what it would be like to have an older sibling that could take me places. I wonder if they even relate to me at all?
Moving on...
School's been alright lately. Luke gave me a rose yesterday with a note all about stress that made me smile. He's a nice boy. I guess I've been acting funny at school. It's just that I feel so many things at once, and I can't say them all, so I close up and put on my normal "school face." It seems like I can't control my feelings anymore. I know what's right, and I know what's true, but in spite of all my attemps to act intelligently, it seems like I always say the wrong thing or make a complete idiot about myself. Hmmm...
Another weird thing, my old neighbor just called to tell us that her daughter just had her baby. I'ts weird to think about because I remember when her daughter used to babysit me! She was only 15 then, and we used to tease her all the time about her boyfriend and getting married and stuff. To think about her with her own baby blows my mind! I'm older than she was when she babysat me--how long until I'm in her position? (obviously assuming a lot)
Time is so incomprehensible. To think that every word I type and every moment I use to pause and think is one less moment I have until I breath my last... It makes certain parts of life seem longer, but for the most part, days fly by.
And speaking of flying--an entire flock of migrating birds just decided to rest in the tree outside my window. Which means a lot of noise and...well, the snow underneath the tree is no longer that "romantic sparkling white."
Happy snow day!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger julio said…

    nice post. i like your blog. definatly worth a link!

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Roberto said…

    Actually, I do kind of know what it's like to roll over and go back to sleep, but I know what you mean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home