once upon a time

The story of my life

Friday, October 22, 2004

Back in the days...

Back in the days of childhood,
Of barefoot backyard bliss--
I recall the touch of sunshine,
And the breeze's ling'ring kiss.

Tucked behind a wooden fence,
I challenged life and smiled
'Till the day time's whirlwind passed,
And left behind no child--

But a pale and trembling girl,
Shaky steps unsure,
Eyes cast downward from the light
Each breath insecure.

The ground seemed so unsteady
My fence had disappeared.
Outside the cold world waited,
Unknown--it laughed and leered.

I blew a kiss behind me,
And surrended my last tear--
I finally took the step
That trampled my last fear.

Those sun-filled days I dream of,
In fond rememberance--
I know that I can ne'er return,
Nor would I, giv'n the chance.




















1 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger turza said…

    Beautiful, wonderful, magnanamous! (is that a word). Anywho, you should enter one of your poems for a scholarship!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home