once upon a time

The story of my life

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

On a lonely hillside...

On a lonely hillside,
Waits a maiden fair,
The wind whispers her name
And lifts her golden hair.

Her gaze is unmoving,
Her chin tilted high,
Yet her lips tremble,
And surrender to a sigh.

As sunlight turns to shadow,
She does not turn away,
Held captive by the mem'ry--
of two eyes--their haunting grey.

The eyes of one who'd claimed her love
And with a charming smile,
Had promised--"I will come,
If you love me, wait a while."

But alas! He wandered far,
And fate--unmerciful,
Left her to desp'rate sorrow,
That soon consumed her soul.

With a broken heart, she tarried
Upon that lonely hill,
And seeking what's forever lost
Alone, she stands there still.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger turza said…

    that's beautiful! I wish I could write poetry like that! I hope my handsome stranger has not died and left me, on a lonely hillside, and he will soon come and sweep me off my feet! (JK).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home