once upon a time

The story of my life

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Yeah yeah!

Guys...I don't think I could adequately entail my undying love for this time of year!!!
After all the activity of graduation, all the food, all the guests, all the headaches---I discovered that I had completely forgotten what summer was like. I actually haven't really relaxed yet, but it's so weird to have no responsibilities, no homework, nothing for my parents to nag me about...
I think that the only cloud over my happiness is that my college plans are yet undecided. I'm to the point of insanity that makes me want to instantly murder the next insincere moron that robotically asks me where I'm going to college. Sigh. My parents and I were supposed to have the "discussion" yesterday, but our friends from Florida are still here. That has been interesting. For those of you who remember the Culps---there is never a dull moment. Sunday night---me, my mom, and Mrs. Culp went swimsuit shopping. Let's just say "unique sense of humor" and leave it like that. We ended up going to Walmart--outside of which is a large, inflatable waterslide. Now--first of all, it's almost midnight, and NO ONE is around. Plus, there's no water or anything running, and the huge inflatableness of this toy was practically begging us to try it out. Sooo... Mrs. Culp informed my mother that we were all going to climb it and try it out. If any of you know my mother--this is not something that she would even consider doing. (For such a classy person--doing something even slightly embarrassing/destructive/retarded is the equivalent of cussing out a baby rabbit in public.) Anyway, by the time Mrs. Culp had thrown the car in park in front of this gigantic temptation, and encouraged, persuaded, threatened, insulted, and begged my mother to try it---my mom still stubbornly refused. Finally, Mrs. Culp grabbed me and told me that I could come in my mom's place. So I did.



It was a glorious moment.
We looked around.
We gingerly stepped onto the inflated surface
We looked at one another--the triumph already in our eyes
We threw ourselves onto the highest part of the slide...
And discovered that, in spite of appearances---
THE SLIDE WAS NOT INFLATED. Instead of pumping it up and corking it like you're supposed to, Mr. Walmart had merely attatched a FAN to it, making it look full of air and able to support the combined weight of two American women. Well---it didn't. It basically collapsed on us. Actually kind of enveloped us. It had just enough air to inflate the part over our heads after it had pulled us down into its middle. So we basically got stuck, and couldn't stop laughing to help ourselves. Finally we rescued ourselves and dashed to our getaway car, where I then realized that I had left my shoes at the scene of the crime and had to go back for them. On my return, the waterslide was a pitiful sight. I think it'll probably be like that for a while.
After that, we went to IHOP and totally frieked out our waitress "Ivy." My mom and Mrs. Culp definately did not appear sober, and Mrs. Culp had a very friendly way of saying Ivy's name after every sentence of our order. Oh my.
Hmmm..
Well-for all of you insistent people who have bothered me about posting again---THERE. Happy now?
What's your happy juice?


Out.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger La Profesora said…

    Yes! Finally! We want more!
    This was hilarious!

    But then again, anything you write is interesting. Never mind that you haven't made the college choice yet - you have made an excellent choice on your major. Creative writing is so flexible as life unfolds and will be awesome too for a wife/mother someday. Which, by the way, is still an honorable profession :)

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    oh come now rebecca...you already know what my happy juice is. and now i can have it to my heart's content and the necrophiliac nazis can't do anything about it. ha hah.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    Arigato... Btw... you're brother's pretty awesome. I'll email when I can. My happy juice probly be... apple.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger bethoven said…

    I would probably be sitting in the car with your mother, unless I was in a random impulsive mood...

    I love your posts, Rebecca. Keep them coming!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger turza said…

    sick. wow, i bet your headache then wasnt as bad as it was today! I love swinging!...on a swing... in the warmth of summer, oh happy times. ANd yay for crashing Lukes house to go swimming i forsee many future occurances of that, this summer.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger MEC said…

    Happy Juice? Mountain Dew!!!!!!!

    I love how Tyler encourages me to keep guzzling Mountain Dew and he gives me my favorite 'nasty' fruity gum yay!!!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Rebecca, You don't know me but I am Mrs.Culps sister,Mary (so you can feel my pain:) She told me about your little Wal-Mart fun night.I want you to know that I am much like your mother...kind of an I want to be invivisble (quiet)...behind the seens (shy)....please don't draw attention to me kind of person.Mrs.culp is the fun loving (LOUD)...look at me(LOUD)...way out there and did I metion LOUD... kind of person. Even though we are so diff when I am with her I always have a blast! She is one of the most fun people I know! Do I get embarrassed and want to die? YES!! But it's always a way fun time. Just thoought I'd share. Cya

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    That's funny! I guess I could never picture Mrs. Culp with a sister! I can only imagine the adventures of your childhood!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home