once upon a time

The story of my life

Saturday, February 11, 2006

A cliche post about college

I won't obsess too much, but I visited IWU again today and really liked it. (As in, even more than last time) I've already discussed all of this with my parents, so I don't feel like posting all the pros and cons (and you wouldn't care anyway) so I'll just change the subject, discuss my life, and leave my post title completely irrelevant.
Whew! The conference is over, and even though I enjoyed my little job--I'm relieved. This week has just been strangely draining. I have no reason to be unhappy, but I feel restless and discontent. The result is a very snappy Rebecca that generally bites people's heads off at the slightest provocation. (Ah well--at least the death is quick and painless) Anyway, I think I'm tired. The Moldovans (all five of them) stay up until 12am almost every night playing pool outside my room, laughing and making fun of eachother. Then yesterday, I cleaned Aruna's kitchen, which although it sounds minimal, was really quite arduous. I ended up waxing her wood floors by hand. (and in a skirt!) I pulled the granny trick of transforming a skirt into coolots, (I'd try to explain it, but I'm afraid my description of the process would be misinterpreted! Ask me about it sometime though, and I'll explain it.) clipped all my hair back, got out my bucket and rag and set to work. It wasn't until Alexander came in and almost died laughing at me that I realized how strange I probably looked. Ah well. I got it done! As if he should laugh anyway...in his adorable highwaters/socks with sandals/chocolate smeared over a mischevious grin...we actually made a pretty funny pair!! As much as I joke about "my child," he's most definately my favorite little boy ever, and I will miss him desperately when I move away. I'm afraid he'll like, grow up while I'm gone--and it's hard for me to reconcile myself to the thought of someone else "taking my place"...






Hmm...well...I just consulted with my inner self and have decided that I either need to hang out with people soon, retreat to the solitude of my room with a book, get a life, or take medication.

So goodbye.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Luke said…

    Unless I am mistaken, I do believe that is an X-wing in Alexander's little hand. I am pleased to see that you have at least instilled some culture in the child.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger MEC said…

    culture? right Luke! Anyway Rebecca I feel the same way, though this week was fun I can't seem to settle down to doing anything serious except blogging

    I'll miss you *tear*

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    I don't know u as well as some others... but the props I can give u is that u are pretty cool...

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    dude, he's even holding the x-wing the right way...smart kid.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger MEC said…

    I still think he's a bit weird after that FABA concert

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, this is irrelavant to the other stuff but I was looking at your profile or whatever that thing is called where you but the information about yourself. Anyway, I noticed that one of your favorite books was 'Mara, Daughter of the Nile' and I kind of remembered that you had read that to me a while ago (remember you read it to me at night when we were supposed to be sleeping? You had me wave my hand in the air because you kept thinking
    I was asleep? Then you woke me up at 5 in the mornong so you could finish reading it to me?) Well, anyway, I got it from the library and had a nice evening reading it. I still think that parts of it are a little...to mushy. Yeah, you're going to yell at me when you read this. Most of it was good though. Some parts I didn't remember (I must have fallen asleep a little after all...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home