once upon a time

The story of my life

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Yeeeeessss!

Finally!
The repression and depression of bleak, horrible, apathetic, FREEZING COLD WINTER has been defeated! As I speak, the sun is streaming through the window, throwing an exhilerating brightness into the room. We got to go outside for art class today---and I was between crying and laughing hysterically for joy! FINALLY, the green is here, my skin is warm, the sky is bright, and I could lie in the grass of my front lawn forever---breathing in the essence of summer. (Although the front lawn is a pretty easy target for my little brothers and the garden hose!) Suddenly, my inhibitions are gone (well--not all of them--so don't worry.) and I find myself wandering around outside just to revel in the sensation of sunshine in my face. (that accompanies the lazy smile also located there.)
I actually wanted to write--even though every other female will probably write about the same thing. I don't know--am I the only one who harbors hate, loathing, spite, and passionate dislike towards winter? Everything's alive now, myself included.
What else to say? Nothing can express my happiness.
Yeeeesssss!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger yoshi said…

    um...i feel kinda weird now cause you siad that all the girls would write about it and i wrote about it before you got to it...hummm.. awkward...

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger MEC said…

    Hee, hee, Joe I think you're excused 'cause you've been sick (Joe's a gi-rl, Joe's a gi-rl. . )I love the feel of the wind and the sundhine on my skin. Whn I went tanning on Mon. I could feel the rays and it made me long for a bright, sunny day to lay lazily in the sun by the pool
    *sigh*

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger turza said…

    i cant think of anything to say that's original or creative, but i agree. Though today i heartily wanted it to snow, just for one more day. The cold matched my stony moode, and there's a cold romance in snow falling in bare woods.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Roberto said…

    I hate the sun. It should just burn out and go away forever. Just kidding. I do like the winter though. Too much of it stinks. I'll just keep rambling....yada yada yada....

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger MEC said…

    I love the first few snows, but its been so dry my hands crack if I move my fingers, I'd rather have summy days, unfourtunately (sp?) it is dark, but I've been catching up on my debit fo sun from winter though it will take a long time!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean Rebecca, it's lovely. I climbed my tree barefoot and noticed it's growing these little bunches of cascading flowers. I love spring...and fall...I just don't like freezing weather or heat stroke kind of weather.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Butterfly said…

    sounds beautiful...i wish i could be there enjoying it with you all.
    and if you could,tell chris thanx for the "gift",he'll know what i'm talkin' bout. It was o so very thoughtful of him to think of me.lol

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Sage said…

    be happy you have snow. We have sun, humidity, and stinkey dogg dookie!!!

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Sage said…

    be happy you have snow. We have sun, humidity, and stinkey dogg dookie!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home