once upon a time

The story of my life

Friday, February 03, 2006

a lapse

Guess what I'm doing?
EATING POPCORN!!! Which means that I currently love my life, and although my head is still faintly pounding with echoes of former chaos, my brain is functioning minimally--observing nothing but the pleasant crunch of my popcorn.
I'm so glad it's Friday! I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. (sleep...the word sounds almost familiar...) The week went by super-fast for me, and by the end, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep ahead of myself. Is it my imagination seniors--or do we have a lot going on? I mean, no it's not impossible, and yes, I pretty much make life harder for myself because I'm irresponsible, but I feel torn in every direction!

Oh well...it will all be over soon.

And so will this post...i really can't think of any recent thoughts to discuss. The only strong thoughts I had all day today involved my mechanical pencil. And so I will tell:

I only have one left from the original set of ten and basically guard it with my life. Writing with a mechanical pencil is so satisfactory that I opt not to use anything else unless required to. Therefore, I am always careful to put it away after I use it--insuring that I don't misplace it or leave it on my desk for the next pair of greedy hands. This however, presents a problem. When I put my pencil away, I put it in one of two places: #1 The small pocket in the front of my backpack, or #2 My purse. The conflict re-arises every time I sit down for my next class and reach to get the pencil. I basically undergo mental interrogation. Did I put it in my bag...or my purse? Bag...or purse? I must have put it in my bag...(slight pause as I begin to unzip the pocket) No wait! I put it in my purse! I distinctly remember puting it there (I now bend down to grab my purse, knocking approximately everything off my desk and almost falling over in the process. Finally, I get the purse and look inside.) I know it's here somewhere...(I rumage through the endless collection of random stuff, taking out most of my purse's contents and laying them in my lap.) I know I put it in here! (still feeling around for it) Fine. Maybe it's in my backback--but if I can't find it there, I'll have to go through my purse again...I'll just keep the purse out for now. Here I carefully lean down, one hand holding my opened purse and its spilled contents in my lap. I reach for my backpack---and everything falls out of my grip for a second time. Now however, I don't really care. I have only one mission in mind. With both hands, I heave my backpack on top of my desk. Annoyed and dissconcerted, I rip open the pocket only to discover an assortment of out-of-ink pens and unsharpened pencils. My mechanical one is nowhere. Aaaaahhh! But whatever. It's fine---I can deal! (I settle for a slightly chewed pen.) Finally, after discontentedly scrawling notes that are full of mistakes, the bell rings. I somehow manage to stuff all of my things back into their places and pick up my book. A blank expression crosses my face as my book reveals what fate would not. There is my mechanical pencil, resting calmly on the cool surface of my desktop. At this time, only one thought has penetrated the stunned state of my brain. I hate life.

Yes, yes--this story is sad but true. And the drama begins each new class period...

But anyway...We don't have school next week! I'm looking foward to working at the conference, and no homework. Also, we have 5 people from Moldova staying with us (most of them stayed with us last year--they're awesome!) which means lots of late night laughter, stories, good food (my mom practically bought a restaurant to feed us all) and that I have to share my bathroom with all three of my brothers. Yeah. That would be the downside. Oh well. I suffer in silence. (Unless the toilet doesn't get flushed!---Then vengeance will be mine!

Well...

Have a nice break--and have a nice life.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger julio said…

    so tell me. exactly how crazy would you go if you couldnt find your pencil anywhere? at all?

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm, so, if your pencil magically disappeared one day, who would be the first person you would think had stolen it?

    oh, and em, you are the stupid one

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger julio said…

    shed be like, "jared!!! ya big jerk!"

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    Wow... simply...

    wow...

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Sage said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Kiwi-d said…

    watch out or you'll end up with mechanical pencil obsession like me.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ummm...okaaaaaay...?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home